BBCC-APRIL COMPETITION (6:40 PM EDT)
April competition is scheduled for Monday, April 1, 2019.
Competition will be held at the Civic Center on Jog Road, just south of Linton Blvd at 16700 Jog Road, Room C, Delray Beach, FL 33446. Cut off submission date for entering images to this competition is Saturday, March 30, 2019 at 10:00 pm.
Meeting starts promptly at 6:40 p.m. It is suggested you arrive by 6:20 p.m. in order to get seating of your choice. Print and Digital images will be judged during the evening's competition. Print makers, kindly arrive by 6:10 in order to register your prints.
BBCC-RE-SCHEDULE TOPAZ PRESENTATION (1:00 PM EDT)
MARIE ALTENBURG TOPAZ STUDIO PRESENTATION
FRIDAY, APRIL 12, 2019 AT 1:00P.M.
Meeting will start promptly at 1:00pm.
Bring a pad to take notes.
Mark your calendar. Be on time!
BBCC WORKSHOP CHALLENGE (6:40 PM EDT)
BBCC APRIL 15, 2019 “CHALLENGE”
“PORTRAITS OF INTENSITY”
1. All BBCC members are eligible.
2. Each member may submit only ONE image.
3. All images must be submitted through the BBCC Competition website at: BBCC.photoclubservices.com under the category heading for the April 15 Challenge.
4. Photos may be in color or black and white/sepia.
5. Submitted images must use the standard Competition sizing of 72 ppi and 768p height max x 1024p width max..
6. Your image must capture, in people’s facial expressions, intense feelings or concentration. Emotions can be: work, such as the facial concentration of a serious musician, the intense concentration of a skilled craftsman. There are many opportunities available, such as the expression of an athlete in strong competition or victory, a weight lifter concentrating on a heavy lift, etc.
7. The emotions can be any of the extremes of joy, fear, anger, grief, hope, excitement, etc. In the “joy” context, you could capture something such as the expression of a new grandparent on seeing their first grandchild, etc.
8. Judging will be by an experienced BBCC member photographer.
PHOTOS WILL BE JUDGE ON:
1) Adherence to the spirit and object of this Challenge
2) Quality of the image as submitted
3) There will be First, Second, and Third Place awarded.
4) All winning images will be displayed on the BBCC website for a period of three months.
5) Entries must be submitted on the BBCC website no later than Saturday, April 13th at 10:00p.m.
You should be prepared to comment on your image, after judging, if so requested. This should be a rewarding experience for you.
Be sure to participate and show off your creativity.
Barry Hochheiser, Vice President-Programs Boynton Beach Camera Club
BBCC-BLUE CYPRESS LAKE SAFARI (6:30 AM EDT)
BBCC APRIL 2019 SAFARI
Blue Cypress Lake Osprey Photo shoot
Wednesday - April 17, 2019 at 6:30 AM
21704 73rd Manor Vero Beach, FL 32966
We will meet at 6:30 AM at the rental office
This is a great opportunity to take photos of Ospreys in flight and nesting. There are over 200 nests. You will need a telephoto of at least 300mm zoom lens and monopod will be helpful.
We will be on a pontoon boat that holds up to five people. The cost of the rental is $250 per boat for two hours. The cost is $50.00 a person. Two boats have been reserved. There are ten spots available.
You must pay in advance. Please send Art Jacoby, 22843 Ironwedge Drive, Boca Raton FL 33433 a check for $50.00 by February 28, 2019 to reserve your spot. There will be a waiting list.
Middleton’s is 18 miles west of I-95, off St. Rd. 60
If you get to Yeehaw Junction you went 6 miles to far
From SR 60 you will turn on Blue Cypress Rd. and travel about 5 miles down a rustic (dirt) road that winds through pastures ending at Blue Cypress Lake Village. From there you can follow the signs to the bait and tackle shop. Call 1-800-258-5002 if you get lost.
You can call 1-800-258-5002 to make your own arrangements.
Please e-mail Art Jacoby at ajacoby42@gmail and include your phone number.
His cell # is 516 (not 561)-578-0104
BBCC-LEARNING CENTER (6:30 PM EDT)
The Learning Center SIG meeting (Special Interest Group) will hold its meeting on Wednesday, April 24, 2019 at the So. County Civic Center. The meeting starts promptly at 6:30 p.m.; ending approximately around 8:30 p.m. Suggested arrival time 6:15 p.m. Get your images submitted to the website through Tuesday, April 23rd at 10:00 p.m. Images will be critiqued by our master photographer, Chuck Pine.
The Learning Center will hold these meetings on the 4th Wednesday of each month.
This is "open to all members", especially our new members not yet competing. It gives you experience in using the website and the critiques are most valuable in helping to improve your images. These meeting are held for the opportunity of getting your images critiqued and suggestions are made to make them better. There is no scoring of images. It is an informal fun meeting. Be sure to take advantage.
If you "do not plan" to be at the meeting, kindly do not submit any images; however, "do come" and get involved in the meeting even if you do not submit images and see what it's all about.
Mark Your Calendars! SEE YOU THEN